How do I access House and Senate Documents?
- Use the Basic Search Form (Congressional Publications), Advanced Search Form (Congressional Publications), or Search By Number Form (Congressional Publications).
- Use these search criteria:
- Geographical index term
- Committee name
- Bill number
- House and Senate serial number
- CIS accession number
- SuDoc number
These highlights indicate what's covered as part of the basic subscription:
- Abstracts and indexing for all documents published from 1989 (101st Congress) forward
- Abstracts and indexing for most documents from 1970 through 1988 (documents excluded for this period include executive branch, housekeeping, and ceremonial documents)
- Full text for most documents from 1995-present